Problem with MailScanner, postfix and corrupt mails

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Mon Mar 7 14:00:33 GMT 2005

(snip)
> How do you mean "one queue setup"? I have postfix stuff the mails into
>  postfix/hold, where MailScanner picks them up and then requeues them
>  into postfix/incoming:
>
> Incoming Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/hold
> Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming
Exactly that. Used to be that you had two instances of Postfix and
"deferred" everything on the incoming one... Potetial corruption there
due to MS and the qmgr fighting over things:). The hold thing is much
safer.

As said, I'll have to keep my eyes on this too.

-- Glenn