Vicious Circle

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Mon Mar 7 13:54:34 GMT 2005

Thanks Martin. Good, clear explanation.

Adressing your question about "How to protect pop toasters"... Well,
this is pretty much the same as protecting your M-Sexchange or Lotus
or ... any-mail ... setup. And dropping false adresses at the MTA level
on the ailScanner side is exactly what most do.

Have a fun time with the FAQ (this has been covered extensively on the
list to, so you might look through the archives), and setting things up.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but you should be pretty
close...
If I understand you correctly, you already reject unknown addresses on
the toasters, so then you'd just need milter-ahead on the MS boxes.
... Or roll your own solution:-).

-- Glenn