4.40.2 -- RAR 3 support

Rakesh rakesh at NETCORE.CO.IN
Mon Mar 7 05:16:02 GMT 2005

I am very close to finishing my Unrar Perl Module using the unrarlib (c
library to open Rar archives). This doesn't needs the unrar command to
be installed on your system and can simply give a list of files in the
archive or extract the archives to a working directory specified in the
argument to the function. However the version of unrarlib
(www.unrarlib.org) that I found doesn't have support for Rar 3
compression. If anyone has made unrarlib to support Rar 3 compression
please pass it on to me.

I am writing this Perl interface for Unrar especially with MailScanner
in mind. It  helps you determine the filenames and the number of files
in the rar archive without extracting it. This may be needed incase you
want to do filename checks but avoid virus scanning on them. Also you
can extract the files to a working directory and do virus scanning on
it. I will give more detailed feature specification of it on this list
once I complete it.

Rakesh.

--
Regards,