Vicious Circle

Dave Goodrich ldg at TLS.NET
Sun Mar 6 05:12:28 GMT 2005

Julian Field wrote:

> Do all the bounces contain a consistent subject line? Add a rule in
> sendmail to reject messages whose subject lines match some words?

I could but I don't want to reject any valid messages. While the chance
that one rejection in one thousand ( I'm being very generous here )
really is a valid message with a misspelled address, I want to handle it
properly.

I'm still watching the queue and the growth has slowed down. I have set
Double_Bounce_Address to an empty string in both my sendmail.cf and my
submit.cf, changed my queue lifetime to 24 hours from 48. All double
bounces are now being dropped and messages are being removed from the
queue faster.

Thanks,

DAve

--