Vicious Circle

Vlad Mazek vlad at MAZEK.COM
Sat Mar 5 21:46:00 GMT 2005

David H. wrote:

> milter-ahead or milter-sender are your friend. If they are not to your
> liking
> you may implement your own milter using the Perl Milter API. Using
> those three
> techniques or LDAP based routing/lookups for sendmail you can easily
> avoid the
> bounces :)

I sincerely apologize for my ignorance ahead of time, this is really not
meant to start a flame war:

Is maintaining a list of valid recipients on a gateway really that big
of a problem that you have to run around your systems compiling and
configuring various milters? We have thousands of clients that run
everything from pif to Exchange and the subject of verifying recipients
has not come up once in over five years - just add them to the gateway
when you make their mailbox.

-Vlad
ExchangeDefender.com