Which Bayes files?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Mar 4 19:45:31 GMT 2005

Dhawal Doshy wrote:
> Peter Russell wrote:
>
>> When i first build a mailscanner machine i make
>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf a symlink to
>> /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs to avoid all these type of hassles.
>
> As pointed out by someone sometime back, this MIGHT be a bad idea as SA
> will use both /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf &
> /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs thereby using more resources.. I
> maybe wrong though.
>
> Can anyone clarify?

It will parse them twice since it's looking for both and gets the same
file but that's nothing to worry about. It only reads those files every
time a MailScanner child is restarted which by default is every four
hours. If it takes an extra millisecond to parse I don't care because it
saves me a lot more time and trouble every time I want to use
spamassassin and sa-learn from the command line.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun