Rules for random character subjects?

Jim Coates jimc at LARIDIAN.COM
Thu Mar 3 17:52:35 GMT 2005

Martin,

Thanks...  I found a link off to ccert.edu.cn (from the rulesemporium site)
which has what looks to be a good ruleset for removing Chinese character
spam etc.

I've got it in place and we shall see how it works.

Thanks again,
Jim Coates
Laridian, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
Of Martin Hepworth
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 11:25 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Rules for random character subjects?

Jim

quick replay - on way home..

have a look in www.rulesemporium.com/rules.htm for things what will cover
this. Chickenpox rules are good too (on the other).

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Jim Coates wrote:
> Hi all...
>
> I seem to have a large number of messages that have garbage subject
> lines (either made up of foreign characters or random characters) that
> get past MailScanner/Spam Assassin.
>
> Have any of you found a decent ruleset that stops these?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim Coates
> Laridian, Inc

> mailscanner' in the body of the email. Before posting, read the MAQ
> (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and the archives
> (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

/>intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they <br
/>are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify <br
/>the system manager. <br /> <br />This footnote confirms that this email
message has been swept <br />for the presence of computer viruses and is
believed to be clean. <br /> <br