Which Bayes files?

Wechsler wechsler at PHASE.ORG
Thu Mar 3 17:18:59 GMT 2005

Wechsler wrote:
> Steen, Glenn wrote:

>> Not MS, but SA. "su - Debian-exim" and run
>> spamassassin -D -p /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf --lint 2>&1
>> | grep bayes
>

> Ahm, thanks. That seems to give me /var/lib/MailScanner/bayes* as my
> source. Might have to do some tweaking 'round here...

Right, looks like I do - and, in the interests of letting others learn
from my mistakes, here's what I need to change:

I've got crontab tasks running as Debian-exim on two IMAP folders:
falsepos, and falseneg, as follows: (I'm sure you can guess the other).

15 * * * * /usr/bin/sa-learn --mbox --spam /home2/wechsler/mail/falseneg

This, not-very-surprisingly, learns to "~Debian-exim/.spamassassin/bayes*"

To get it to learn to the desired location, I just pull in MS's SA
config file: (the following being really one line)

/usr/bin/sa-learn --mbox --spam -p \
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf /home2/wechsler/mail/falseneg

That seems to learn to the "right place" for me. Make sense to you?

Thanks again,

        Richard