External virus scanners

Violaine Grimly sargastic at YAHOO.FR
Thu Mar 3 09:39:47 GMT 2005

 --- Martin Hepworth <martinh at SOLID-STATE-LOGIC.COM> a
écrit :

> first of all I guess there's the need for the two
> comouters to talk somehow. Does the customers virus
> scanner have some sort of network client/server
> architecture so you can install the client on the MS
> computer and use it that way, or do you have to
> build this first?

Hmmm... Good question. They are using Aladdin e-Safe,
which currently receives the mails to scan through
SMTP, just like it were a 'real' mail server. I do not
know anything more (yet) but I'm going to look around.
If there is a e-Safe client that can run on the
MailScanner box, I bet this would be the way to go.

But is is still possible to plug a 'smtp client' in
MailScanner, if there is no specific client ?

Tia,

VG.