A question re "Ignore Spam Whitelist If ..."

Raylund Lai raylund.lai at KANKANWOO.COM
Thu Mar 3 09:29:42 GMT 2005

If you do want "no" spam check for internal outbound emails, may be using a
rules file for "Spam Checks =".
e.g. Spam Checks = %rules-dir%/spam.checks.rules

spam.checks.rules:
From:            10.0.           no
FromOrTo:    default        yes

Cheers
Raylund

----- Original Message -----
From: "Quentin Campbell" <Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK>
To: <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:13 AM
Subject: A question re "Ignore Spam Whitelist If ..."

I _never_ want mail originating on campus to be tagged as spam.

Thus we have always whitelisted mail originating at this site by listing
our campus network IP ranges in ~/rules/spam.whitelist.rules.

We see many messages originating on campus that have more than 20
(usually local) recipients.

When you added the "Ignore Spam Whitelist If Recipients Exceed = 20"
option some time ago, I bumped the number up to 1000 to avoid this
overiding "spam.whitelist.rules". We thus lose the protection the
"Ignore Spam Whitelist If ..." option provided.

What I really want is the ability to absolutely whitelist a subset of
address or IP ranges while allowing other options to conditionally
ignore the whitelisting of addresses outside that subset.

How can I do this?

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.