External virus scanners

Violaine G. sargastic at YAHOO.FR
Thu Mar 3 09:16:20 GMT 2005

Hello you all,

We are currently playing with MailScanner (Postfix, clamAV and SpamAssassin
were already up and running, we were only looking for some nice and clever
glue to link everithing without getting stuck inside the bottle), and I must
say it is impressive.

I have one question, though. How is it possible to use virus scanners that
are running on some OTHER system than the Postfix+MailScanner box ? In one
environment, we would like to use MailScanner but the target site has
already bought a virus scanner (poor fellow !), running on a dedicated
computer, so we would like to "link" MailScanner to this external, on
another box, virus scanner.

Any documentation about how to do that ?

Tia,

VG.