SV: MailScanner ANNOUNCE: New commercial product SMGateway

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 2 18:07:22 GMT 2005

Henrik Bro wrote:

>From Julian^Òs e-mail:
>
>"To ensure we can give all customers who purchase support a very high
>quality of service, we are restricting the number of support packages that
>we sell."
>
>I am just not so lucky, that I can persuade my boss before Monday :( so what
>to do, if I am not fast enough!...

We won't be taking any orders for support until Monday and I don^Òt think
that any orders placed on Monday or Tuesday will hit our cutoff limit.
If you are really concerned, please email steve.swaney at fsl.com off list.

>- Is it possible to get updates to the SMGateway products without a service
>contract?

You should be able to download new versions for free as you can now, but
these will not be released more than every few months at least. To get
the all of the latest protection and features you will need to purchase
support.

>- Do you plan any special educational / non-profit prices?

We are considering non-profit discounts. We really need to see what our
support costs are before we start discounting. If we do discount, we
will refund the price difference to any non-profits.

Julian Field