RPM for milter-ahead

Ryan Weaver ryanw at FALSEHOPE.COM
Thu Jun 30 12:44:51 IST 2005

Actually, the init script will start the milter-ahead service prior to
MailScanner on boot. Once the milter daemon is running, you can
start/restart sendmail/MailScanner whenever you like, sendmail will attach
to or disconnect from the socket provided by the milter daemon as needed.

The milter daemon need not be restarted since, at least in this case, it
merely caches the information it's received from the call-ahead.

Thanks,
Ryan