After a few hours of reading, i'm catching up...just few questions

Michele Neylon:: Blacknight michele at BLACKNIGHT.IE
Tue Jun 28 19:42:48 IST 2005

Jason Williams wrote:

> DCC. I went ahead and installed this. I plugged it into the init.pre
> file. When I do a --lint test, it kicks some errors, but doesn't break
> anything from what I found out (Thanks Julian). First question here is,
> how can I tell if it is contributing to blocking spam?

Check your logs. If you are logging the spam scores to your mail log you
should see references to DCC.
You don't need to enable it in init.pre *yet*. It looks like it will be
required in the next release of SA

> To implement this into my setup, just so im clear, these go into my
> spam.assassin.prefs.conf file at the very en?
> In the current file, I have this at the very end:
>
> urirhssub URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
> body      URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
> describe  URIBL_JP_SURBL  Has URI in JP at http://www.surbl.org/lists.html
> tflags    URIBL_JP_SURBL  net
>
> score URIBL_JP_SURBL    4.0
>

> I would like to add the following, from www.uribl.com as well as
> additional surbl.org, if there are additional ones.
>
> urirhssub       URIBL_BLACK  multi.uribl.com.        A   2
> body            URIBL_BLACK  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BLACK')
> describe        URIBL_BLACK  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
> tflags          URIBL_BLACK  net
> score        URIBL_BLACK  3.0
>
> urirhssub       URIBL_GREY  multi.uribl.com.        A   4
> body            URIBL_GREY  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_GREY')
> describe        URIBL_GREY  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
> tflags          URIBL_GREY  net
> score        URIBL_GREY  1.0

You could put them in a separate .cf file in your /etc/mail/spamassassin
directory