After a few hours of reading, i'm catching up...just few questions

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Tue Jun 28 19:36:50 IST 2005

I've spent the better part of my morning (since 0730 Pacific time)
reading over all sorts of documentation about MailScanner and
spamassassin. My lapse in keeping up to date with configuring MS and SA
correctly has allowed quite a bit of spam to get through my network.
Because of that, i went on a crash course this morning.(a lot to soak up)

I read quite a bit here and have a further, better understanding of
everything. But I wanted to just ask a few quick questions to make sure
I am correct in a few things I want to implement.
The biggest part that im working on is the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

DCC. I went ahead and installed this. I plugged it into the init.pre
file. When I do a --lint test, it kicks some errors, but doesn't break
anything from what I found out (Thanks Julian). First question here is,
how can I tell if it is contributing to blocking spam?

My main question is in regards to the spam.assassin.prefs.conf file as
well as "ALL TRUSTED" portion. I haven't been able to really 'lockdown'
what exactly the "ALL TRUSTED" should include for my network. I'm
sketchy on that part.

This was recommended to me and I think it would be great for mysetup.
http://www.uribl.com/

To implement this into my setup, just so im clear, these go into my
spam.assassin.prefs.conf file at the very en?
 In the current file, I have this at the very end:

urirhssub URIBL_JP_SURBL  multi.surbl.org.        A   64
body      URIBL_JP_SURBL  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_JP_SURBL')
describe  URIBL_JP_SURBL  Has URI in JP at http://www.surbl.org/lists.html
tflags    URIBL_JP_SURBL  net

score URIBL_JP_SURBL    4.0

I would like to add the following, from www.uribl.com as well as
additional surbl.org, if there are additional ones.

urirhssub       URIBL_BLACK  multi.uribl.com.        A   2
body            URIBL_BLACK  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_BLACK')
describe        URIBL_BLACK  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL blacklist
tflags          URIBL_BLACK  net
score		URIBL_BLACK  3.0

urirhssub       URIBL_GREY  multi.uribl.com.        A   4
body            URIBL_GREY  eval:check_uridnsbl('URIBL_GREY')
describe        URIBL_GREY  Contains an URL listed in the URIBL greylist
tflags          URIBL_GREY  net
score		URIBL_GREY  1.0

My question is that I should just add those to the bottom/end of my file, beneath the URIBL_JP section? I should adjust the scores as needed.

I figure that should get me started and headed in the right direction. I will continue to work on this today as well as the rest of the week. I am
planning on using bayes, pyzor and razor as well.

Just trying to make sure I fully understand these things and make sure I do it correctly.

Much appreciated to this list here. Everyone has always been extremely helpful.

Cheers,

Jason