malscanner server bypassed

Alex Neuman alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Sun Jun 26 20:36:21 IST 2005

This could be done on sendmail if /etc/mail/access supported "AND" type
configs. Otherwise I think we could achieve something similar using
if-then-else, like this:

## all our ip, domain or baduser rules go here first ##
From:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx OK # our ms server's IP
To:domainprotectedbyms.com 557 Sorry, you have to go through the proper MX
first

That way, after all other access rules have been processed, if it's mail
coming from our mailscanner server, it gets accepted. Otherwise, if it's
mail for one of the protected domains, it gets rejected.

I think that would work, but I refuse to run ANY mail system without
mailscanner installed... :) Kudos to Julian...