Problem with MS SA Lint and RulesDuJour updating

Dave Duffner - PSCGi webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Fri Jun 24 15:57:29 IST 2005

Greetings,

	Had this for a bit of time now, I swear my system hates
anything to do with Julian and MailScanner by default for some
unknown reason <Grin> as everything else works but things
related to either of them!

	I FINALLY got Mailwatch working on my Ensim setups, it
appears we had a database corruption for the Users db that was
changing passwords to visible vs. scrambled and therefore not
functioning.

	Since Mailwatch is up, you can do the SA lint test inside
and I see these exact same errors but it appears to be running
in debug mode so I can't see what more doing that from the
command line would produce?

	But the stumper is finding the entry listed at the bottom
of this report I get daily, referencing the MailScanner list
address!  I've searched the whitelist, blacklist, pm's, conf's
and anything else I could find for this entry as it's not getting
parsed (probably a syntax error but can't find the line!) and
causing the rest of this mess:

RulesDuJour Run Summary on myserver.com:

TripWire has changed on myserver.com.
Version line: # Version 1.18  More Typo's fixed.

EvilNumber has changed on myserver.com.
Version line: # Version:  02.00.01 # The evilnumber set has been renamed to match SARE's updated standards, the new name is
70_sare_evilnum0.cf.  Please remove evilnumber local language files

SARE Random Ruleset for SpamAssassin 2.5x and higher has changed on myserver.com. Version line: # Version:  1.30.16

The following rules had errors:
TripWire had an unknown error:
curl exit code: 7
curl: (7) socket error: 110
000
EvilNumber had an unknown error:
curl exit code: 7
curl: (7) socket error: 110
000
SARE Random Ruleset for SpamAssassin 2.5x and higher had an unknown error: curl exit code: 7
curl: (7) socket error: 110
000

***WARNING***: spamassassin --lint failed.
Rolling configuration files back, not restarting SpamAssassin. Rollback command is:  mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/tripwire.cf
/etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/99_FVGT_Tripwire.cf.2; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/tripwire.cf.20050624-0325
/etc/mail/spamassassin/tripwire.cf; mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/evilnumbers.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/evilnumbers.cf.2;
mv -f /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/evilnumbers.cf.20050624-0326 /etc/mail/spamassassin/evilnumbers.cf; mv -f
/etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_random.cf /etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_random.cf.2; mv -f
/etc/mail/spamassassin/RulesDuJour/70_sare_random.cf.20050624-0327 /etc/mail/spamassassin/70_sare_random.cf;

Lint output: config: SpamAssassin failed to parse line, skipping: def_whitelist_from_rvcd MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
MailScanner User List
lint: 1 issues detected.  please rerun with debug enabled for more information.

	Anyone have any clues where to look that maybe I haven't?
I think this error is also why it still tags Julian's posts I
receive as Spam because the exception's not being imported into
MS to prevent it from even looking at his posts and leaving
them alone.

	Thanks!

      David J. Duffner
      President
      PSCGi
      Paradise Shore Communications Group
      www.pscginternet.com

I--I
Message scanned by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This transmission intended for the
specified destination and person.  If this is not you, this
e-mail must be deleted immediately.     www.pscginternet.com