Unpacking on Linux archives which are RAR version 3

Fri Jun 24 15:46:14 IST 2005

Quentin

clamav (either command line or module) needs the external unpacker.

install the unrar command then edit MailScanner.conf around this section..

# Where the "unrar" command is installed.
# If you haven't got this command, look at www.rarlab.com.
#
# This is used for unpacking rar archives so that the contents can be
# checked for banned filenames and filetypes, and also that the
# archive can be tested to see if it is password-protected.
# Virus scanning the contents of rar archives is still left to the virus
# scanner, with one exception:
# If using the clavavmodule virus scanner, this adds external RAR checking
# to that scanner which is needed for archives which are RAR version 3.
Unrar Command = /usr/local/bin/unrar

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Quentin Campbell wrote:
> How do you unpack archives which are RAR version 3 on a RedHat AS 3
> system?
>
> I understand that if you are running "clamavmodule" you need an external
> RAR file unpacker, at least for version 3 RAR archives.
>
> Quentin
> ---
> PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
>                            University of Newcastle,
>                            Newcastle upon Tyne,
> FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.

the system manager.