postfix multi recipient

Pete Russell pete at ENITECH.COM.AU
Fri Jun 24 13:12:29 IST 2005

Drew Marshall wrote:
> Peter Russell said:
>
>>smtpd_recipient_limit = 1
>>
>>Makes every inbound connection stop and deliver a multi recipient
>>message individually, making for heaps of extra work for postfix, which
>>is kinda crappy.
>

> And indeed the sending MTA having to wait for each message to be accepted.

Another issue - arggh. Seems that Postfix actually has this
functionality built it, eg the recipient_limit but that it cannot be
used immedietly after delivery?

Wouldnt it possible for a smarter cookie to hack the postfix code to
perform this function after delivery instead of at the smtp recpt ?

Other folks have mentioned using a content filter. So recieve the
message send it to PIPE, split the mesage and whack it back in the HOLD
queue? I dont even know where to start for the content filter bit, but
the postfix end of this should be fairly simple.

Any further ideas on this?