postfix multi recipient

Glenn Steen glenn.steen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 10:12:29 IST 2005

On 6/24/05, Peter Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:
> smtpd_recipient_limit = 1
>
> Makes every inbound connection stop and deliver a multi recipient
> message individually, making for heaps of extra work for postfix, which
> is kinda crappy.
>
> So since postfix can seperate the email inbound and seperate it outbound
> with default_recipient_limit, if we use a 2 postfix instance on the same
> machine, the 1st external facing to recieve all inbound email, from here
> it could split the messages before sending to the 2nd postfix instance
> and then confgiure MailScanner to use the 2nd postfix instance?
> Performance not really being a big issue with both POstfix running on
> the same machine?
>
> A little messy, not sure if it is worth it, might be time to learn
> another MTA?
>
> I have read heaps of stuff in the postfix forum, Wietse is never going
> to implement this, and a few people have copped a spray from him for
> asking (he seems pretty uptight).
(I had the same thought of using a dual PF setup, but (..... since I'm
now officially on vacation (thus turning brain off even more:-) you
should perhaps take anything i say with a grain of salt.... :) it'd be
slightly icky to set up (nothing undoable though).
And yes, Weitse is a bit.... opinionated:-). I guess he feels he has a
right to be...