OT: Cultural Education (Was Postfix: Mails

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Thu Jun 23 15:11:10 IST 2005

Glenn Steen said:
> On 6/23/05, Drew Marshall <drew at themarshalls.co.uk> wrote:
> (snip)
>> Froggies must be the Swedish alternative to the British hair of dog?? Or
>> is this what you will be seeing having been a little over zealous with
>> the
>> Akvavit?
>>
>> Drew
> Nope, the most famous song/dance of a traditional Midsommarfirande is
> "Små grodorna", in which you sing about the small frogs looking funny
> since they have no ears nor tails, then going on to imitating said
> little froggies both in voice and motion.... All in time with the
> music, of course, a bit depending on your current snaps-level
> (measured as %Akvavit/liter blood....:-).

That must be quite something. Bet you could extort some nice funding based
on video of a) The Boss, b) Other PHB, c) Other suitable individual in
action.

> Come saturday, that hair of dog will come into play,  along with the
> usual shaving of tongue etc:-).

:-D

> Now, what you didn't pick up on was the Sill pun ... Sill is swedish
> for herring (unless the herring was caught in the Baltic sea, in which
> case it'll be strömming.... Why? Not a clue:-)

This is one of the things I love about this list, not only do I learn
something new every day but I expand my cultural knowledge too. Perhaps we
could have culture Friday? Must be Friday some where in the world by now!
:-).

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy