PGP encrypted mail as spam? [u]

Dave Duffner - PSCGi webalizer at NWCWEB.COM
Thu Jun 23 02:48:01 IST 2005

	Sounds like it's all MS finding the source domains in
the blacklists you have set up.  Ensim/cPanel/Plesk have all
started using the combo now, it's got default settings so if
you've never messed with those you're at the point where it's
time to learn MS/SA!

	Check the headers on those, it should (by the default
setups these HSP OS's are using that I've seen) contain info
on what blacklists tripped it off as MailScanner spam vs.
SpamAssassin spam.  There are options in both conf files to
change the Subjects to something like [SA-SPAM] and [SPAM-MS]
like we do so you know which one tagged it.

	Again, from my experiences with HSP OS's setups of MS/SA,
the logic flow is:

	Inbound, checks Sendmail (or your MTA) reject list
	Passes to MailScanner
	MS checks it against blacklists
	Passes it to SpamAssassin (unless you have SA on in MS)
	SpamAssassin checks rulesets for content violations
	If it passes all tests, marked clean and delivered.

	Lots of variables to that equation and options you can
select, but that's where reading the docs & archives come
into play for your best results.

	HTH!

     David J. Duffner
     President
     PSCGi
     Paradise Shore Communications Group
     www.pscginternet.com

I--I
Message scanned by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This transmission intended for the
specified destination and person.  If this is not you, this
e-mail must be deleted immediately.     www.pscginternet.com