Allow Form Tags = no

John Rudd jrudd at UCSC.EDU
Wed Jun 22 16:54:48 IST 2005

On Jun 22, 2005, at 8:16 AM, Michele Neylon wrote:

> Paul Houselander <> scribbled on 22 June 2005 14:09:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Just been doing some testing as I saw a message come through that had
>> been blocked (due to it containing a form tag) but part of the
>> message still displayed
>>
>> I have
>>
>> Allow Form Tags = no
>> Convert Dangerous HTML To Text = no
>> Convert HTML To Text = no
>>
>> I sent myself a message with a form tag + some extra HTML e.g. table
>> and some bullet points. When I recieved the email the form tag was
>> stripped out, I got the warning message saying the mail had been
>> blocked but the rest of the email was displayed but converted to
>> plain text - is this correct? With the above settings I was thinking
>> the whole email should be blocked?
>>
>> Im using the rpm version of 4.41.3 on a fedora core 2 box.
>>

> Couple of things.
>
> It could be that you have conflicting setting in your MailScanner.conf
>
> You may also need to take into account that the html parser may not
> have
> picked up on all of the tags.
>
> Of course I could be imagining all this ...

It might also be that the original message had both an HTML segment and
a Plain Text alternative segment.  The above settings might have caused
the removal of the HTML segment, leaving the Plain Text one as the only
segment left.  So it would appear that the HTML was converted to Plain
Text by mailscanner, but it was actually done by the sender.

(but that's just a SWAG on my part)