Web Interface Status

David C.M. Weber david.weber at BACKBONESECURITY.COM
Mon Jun 20 18:23:37 IST 2005

Just took a look at SMGateway, and I've got a few questions.

I have an existing MailScanner/MailWatch setup.  Granted MailWatch isn't
perfect, but it's easier to manage than going in via the command line.

SMGateway looks sort of like a rebranding of MailScanner w/ its own
bells and whistles.  It looked like they want you to blow away your mail
gateway, and reinstall w/ their software in RPM form.  All fine and
good, but I have a fully functional mail gateway where there really
isn't an option to do this.

Is/Was the "next version" of MailScanner's interface to have a "lighter
weight" version of an interface similar to MailWatch, or more industrial
similar to this SMGateway?  Is there anyway to roll out this "updated"
version on the same box?  It's kind of nervous that I'd be committing to
essentially a fork of the MailWatch project.  What are the chances that
they deviate significant?

Thanks for any additional info.

<snip>