A quick sendmail question

Gerry Doris gdoris at rogers.com
Sun Jun 19 17:43:17 IST 2005

I hope the list will be tolerant of a quick sendmail question...

My home system uses the standard MailScanner/sendmail setup.  However,
since it is a home system I set up my ISP's mail server as a smart host.
My ISP  uses yahoo to process mail.  The ISP's mail server name is
actually an alias to one of yahoo's mail servers.  The problem is that the
yahoo mail server name/ip change periodically.

I authenticate my sendmail server using the Authinfo: directive in the
access database.  I can't find a way to use an alias in the Authinfo
directive.  It seems to need either the real server's name or ip?

I'm getting pretty good at noticing my mail is being rejected, checking
the logs for the new yahoo server name and changing the access entry
appropriately.  However, I would like to avoid the problem and use an
alias if possible.  Is there a way to do this?

Gerry