OT: Solaris 8, Sendmail and OpenSSL greater than 0.9.7d

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Fri Jun 17 19:40:21 IST 2005

Has any solaris 8 (sparc) users out there had problems compiling
sendmail against versions of openssl greater than 0.9.7d?  I updated to
the latest sendmail to resolve that cataddr: string too long issue
presented in the later versions and it core dumps if I used the latest
openssl versions.  I've tried it on two different boxes and have used
both sunfreeware and source compilations of openssl.  Oddly, sendmail
compiles without any errors but it just one start with presenting
Illegal Instruction error and quitting.  If I go back to 0.9.7d,
everything is fine and I can update the libs to the latest version of
openssl after compiling sendmail and it still runs fine.  I found one
google posting on it but not a solution.  Just wondering if anyone else
has seen it since I know there a some Solaris people using MailScanner
also.

Thanks
-=Bobby