Still clamav update problems

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Fri Jun 17 18:33:28 IST 2005

Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:

>I have been fighting with this still.  Thank you for all of your
>
>I am still getting:
>--------------------- clam-update Begin ------------------------
>
>   daily.cvd updated
>
>**Unmatched Entries**
>   WARNING: Your ClamAV installation is OUTDATED!: 10 Time(s)
>   DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/faq.html: 10 Time(s)
>   WARNING: Current functionality level = 4, recommended = 5: 10 Time(s)

There is probably a script in your etc/cron.daily or etc/cron.hourly
that is running freshclam.  It was put there by your clamav install but
MailScanner does its own updating so you can remove the one in cron.

The error message just means that the version of clamav you have
installed isn't the latest one.  Or maybe you have two of them?.

--
Mark Nienberg, SE
Tipping Mar + associates