SV: Messages in log unseen before.

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Wed Jun 15 22:27:09 IST 2005

Steen, Glenn wrote:
> Suspiciously(sp?) regular intervals there... Look into what cronjobs
> you have running, and since you should be able to figure out when the
> next should be happening, perhaps try monitoring it closely (top,
> vmstat, iostat, netstat etc).
>
> I was thinking you could just run the wrapper (as called from within
> MS) by hand, but perhaps thats not really needed...
> The clamavmodule will not have any fork/exec penalty since it calls
> clamav library functions directly from perl. Well worth a go. But do
> look at the usual performance measurement tools too.
>
> -- Glenn

Thanks Glenn,
All good advice. Still feeling my way around *nix. At this point I don't
really have much time to sort this out and troubleshooting *nix takes
some time for me. I'll have a quick look at the cron schedule but
won't be able to do much else. I'm thinking about cleaning everything
out (with .conf backups of course) and doing a clean install of
everything.

Thanks for the ideas.. I'm sure they will come in handy

Kind regards,
Ken

Ken Goods
Network Administrator