SV: "OMG YOU SENT TEH VIRUSESS"

mikea mikea at MIKEA.ATH.CX
Wed Jun 15 22:27:53 IST 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:22:24PM -0700, Craig Daters wrote:

> I'm not 100% positive, but doesn't that violate an RFC standard or
> something?
>
> I just recall from somewhere that each domain is require (or strongly
> encouraged) to provide a valid postmaster address...?
>
> On Jun 15, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Steen, Glenn wrote:

Well, yes, the postmaster@ address is required by RFC to exist and to be
read (presumably by a live human being), but when has RFC compliance ever
been a major item on management's agenda?

I've send my share of "Don't Send These! The Address Is Forged!" notices,
and actually have got some action as a result, but most of my notices seem
to have been forwarded to Dave Null. *sigh*

That hasn't stopped me from sending them, though, or from making phone
calls where it's not a toll call.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx