Messages in log unseen before.

Ken Goods KGoods at AIAINSURANCE.COM
Tue Jun 14 16:51:13 IST 2005

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Ken Goods wrote:
>> Ugo Bellavance wrote:

>>> What version of clamAV are you using?
>>>

>> MailScanner 4.40.11
>> ClamAV 0.83
>> Spamassassin 3.0.2
>>
>> I know they are a little dated but would that cause the above
>> messages?
>>

> Possibly for ClamAV.  You should upgrade to 0.85.1.
>
>> Thanks,
>> Ken

I upgraded clamav to 0.85.1 last Wednesday and I still get these messages:

Jun 14 08:25:09 gw-mail MailScanner[5408]: Commercial scanner clamav timed
out!
Jun 14 08:25:09 gw-mail MailScanner[5408]: Virus Scanning: Denial Of Service
attack detected!

I don't remember ever seeing these before and I couldn't find anything with
a google or ClamAV site/archive search.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what these are and whether I should be
concerned, or are these messages not even generated by MailScanner? (in
which case I'll post to the clamav list)

Thanks
Ken