TNEF files left in incoming sendmail queue

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue Jun 14 16:40:28 IST 2005

Hi,

Denis Beauchemin wrote:
> Adri Koppes wrote:
>
>> Today I noticed I had 2 tnef files left in my incoming sendmail queue
>> (/var/spool/mqueue.in).
>> Does MailScanner expand these in the incoming queue directory?
>> I'm using the internal TNEF module.
>>
>> MailScanner.conf contains:
>>
>> Expand TNEF = yes
>> Deliver Unparsable TNEF = no
>> TNEF Expander = internal
>> TNEF Timeout = 120
>>
> I also see them once in a while.  Running with the same config as you
> are.  MS versions ranging from 4.34 to 4.40.  I just delete them
> manually alongside any email leftovers (incomplete qf/df pairs).
>
> Denis

Same observation here..

Expand TNEF = yes
Deliver Unparsable TNEF = yes
TNEF Expander = internal
TNEF Timeout = 120

postfix-2.2.3-1.rhel4, spamassassin 3.0.4, razor, pyzor, dcc, uvscan,
clamavmodule, bitdefender, No tmpfs used so far.

The logs show me that mails with unparsable tnef attachments get
delivered as configured, but they still leave a tnef-pid-x.doc in
/var/spool/postfix/hold

Why does MailScanner unpack these files in the hold directory instead of
the /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/ directory? or is this the intended
behaviour?

- dhawal

MailScanner -v details here
Running on
Linux xxx.xxx.net 2.6.9-5.0.5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Apr 20 00:16:40 BST 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
This is CentOS release 4.0 (Final)
This is Perl version 5.008005 (5.8.5)

This is MailScanner version 4.42.1