SLQ Bayes

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Thu Jun 9 01:59:56 IST 2005

Peter Russell wrote:
> OK Thanks. But note. That the exact same Database produces a different
> results about the amount fo ham or spam depending on where you launch
> the lint from.
>
> IN MailScanner debug or mailwatch debug it says 36 nspams from shell
> account as root it shows 19000 nspam.
>
> We store no mail on the gateway, this is a agteway from Exchange and
> Domino.
>
> I still have the text dumps of the original bayes DBs.
>
> I will persevere with looking at MYSQL permissions.
>
> thanks
> Pete

 From sql/README.bayes: If you do not see the following lines something
is likely to be misconfigured

debug: bayes: Database connection established
debug: bayes: Using username: <username>

This being your case using MailScanner
 > debug: bayes: Database connection established
 > debug: bayes: found bayes db version 3
 > debug: bayes: Using userid: 4
 > debug: bayes: Not available for scanning, only 36 spam(s) in Bayes DB
< 200

MailScanner doesn't seem to be using the BayesSQL as mentioned in the
sa.prefs.conf, IS mysql (and associated perl dbi/dbd libraries)
available to the user MS in running under?

- dhawal