Generic spam plug-in

Gray, Richard richard.gray at DNS.CO.UK
Tue Jun 7 09:34:44 IST 2005

It becomes difficult to judge between the efficiency of various spam
filters if all that comes out at the end is a single score. The default
scores provided on SA rules are created using a learning algorithm to
choose the most effective weights, and as such would arguably need to be
re-calculated if you were going to add another score to it. If you
develop as described above you will arguably have produced a
SpamAssassin plugin rather than a MailScanner plugin. (the kind of
plugin that would be really useful too :) )

I would imagine in mailscanner the architecture would be similar to the
RBL checks, where one could have a separate ruleset for responses to
messsages flagged by this external agent.

Richard

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity at dns.co.uk