McAfee uvscan libary oddity

James Gray james_gray at OCS.COM
Fri Jun 3 00:18:30 IST 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 11:13 pm, Martin Wozenilek wrote:
> There are two different downloads from mcafee:
>
> - McAfee VirusScan Command Line Scanner for Linux
> - McAfee VirusScan Command Line Scanner for RedHat 9 and Suse 8.x Linux
>
> http://www.mcafeesecurity.com/de/downloads/evals/default.asp

And  don't forget the Pentium optimised versions for Linux too.  We've seen
big improvements in scanning speed (20-30% on some compressed files for
example) over the standard i386 version.  Don't try to run the Pentium
optimised versions on Pentium-classic (ie, pre PPro/PII) - you need a "686"
class processor or better.  The "586" doesn't cut it :)

Cheers,

James