Spamassassin always scores 0.

Milton R. Calnek mcalnek at PCPLACE.CA
Fri Jul 29 18:33:41 IST 2005

spamassassin -D < 1 > 1.1 2>1.2

Tells me that I'm using score set 0 and score set 1.

debug: Score set 0 chosen.
debug: Score set 1 chosen.

Not really sure what this means.

> SA with both bayes and network tests disabled has a pretty low hitrate
> without a
> lot of add-on rules. I'd strongly consider enabling network checks if
you
> can
> afford the load.
>
> If you're load sensitive, and can't run network or bayes, you might
want
> consider adding a few rulesets from www.rulesemporium.com.

Gotta get the regular rules running before I'll worry about additional
rules... but thanks for the pointer.  Or is the problem that I don't
have enough rules?

And I want to get bayes running as well.

This is from my maillog...

Jul 29 00:50:19 ... from 201.29.117.228 (hellen at sexyhot.com.br) to
pcplace.ca is not spam, SpamAssassin (score=0, required 4)
Jul 29 11:05:24 ... from 142.165.20.172 (tracycarroll at sasktel.net) to
pcplace.ca is not spam (whitelisted), SpamAssassin (score=-100, required
4, USER_IN_WHITELIST -100.00)

I think it's reasonable that the sexyhot message would trip at least one
test.  Or am I mistaken... clearly the whitelist rules are tested.

--
Milton Calnek
mcalnek at pcplace.ca
+1 306 359 6939

--
DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged

MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.  MailScanner thanks transtec
Computers for their support.