Spamassassin always scores 0.

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Fri Jul 29 17:49:53 IST 2005

Milton R. Calnek wrote:
>>spamassassin --lint
>>(should run, and exit quietly)
>
> It does.

Good.
> spamassassin < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-3.0.2/sample-nonspam.txt
>
> Surprises on output:

That's normal, no surprises there. Unless you've got bayes running, there should
be no rules that hit.

> spamassassin < /usr/share/doc/spamassassin-3.0.2/sample-spam.txt

>         DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL,GTUBE autolearn=unavailable version=3.0.2

That's normal.

>>spamassassin --lint -D
>>

> debug: diag: module installed: URI, version 1.21
> debug: ignore: using a test message to lint rules
> debug: using "/etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre" for site rules init.pre
> debug: config: read file /etc/mail/spamassassin/init.pre
> debug: using "/usr/share/spamassassin" for default rules dir
> debug: config: read file /usr/share/spamassassin/10_misc.cf

That's good.

> Not sure if what I've got is correct and if not, how do I correct it.

Well, your setup looks OK so far.

Are you using network tests? (if you don't know, run a message through
spamassassin -D and see what "score set" it chooses.)

SA with both bayes and network tests disabled has a pretty low hitrate without a
lot of add-on rules. I'd strongly consider enabling network checks if you can
afford the load.

If you're load sensitive, and can't run network or bayes, you might want to
consider adding a few rulesets from www.rulesemporium.com.

I like random, adult, specific, fraud_post25x, and obfu0.

I use the above in my setup, as well as several custom rules. And I also use
bayes and network checks (dnsbls, uribls, razor, and dcc) on top of that.