_STARS(*)_ Problem

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu Jul 28 13:47:04 IST 2005

I have just added it for you. It will be in the stable release due
out this weekend (or the start of next week).

You will be able to put _STARS_ in the subject line tag for spam and
high-scoring spam, which will be replaced by a string of whatever
character you have chosen in the "Spam Score Character" setting.

It will have a max length of about 60 so you can't launch a denial-of-
service attack by exploiting any bugs when other packages receive
messages that have extremely long headers.

On 28 Jul 2005, at 00:20, Dean Maunder wrote:

> OK, is there any intent to support this in the future?  We have
> recently
> moved from having our mail hosted to hosting ourselves and some of my
> users are complaining as they used to filter on the number of
> 'ssss' in
> the subject.

Julian Field