Three-way match headache

Chuck Foster chuck.foster at STREAMSHIELD.COM
Thu Jul 28 09:54:11 IST 2005

Hmm, from what I can tell in RuleToRegexp, a /..../ expression is
automatically text (ie. domain check) and not IP-based, unfortunately.

But it was a nice idea, though with multiple incoming mail servers that
could get to be quite a nasty regexp!

      Assuming Perl regexp "extended patterns" (I haven't tried)
      can be used, consider the following two lines in the order
      presented:

      From: user at domain     andFrom: /^(?!ip\.ad\.dr\.es)$/     no
      From: user at domain     andTo: otherdomain                 yes

      The regular expression in the first line basically says to
      act "no" if the message is from user at domain but NOT from the
      specified IP address.

      Good luck.

                      From: ip.ad.dr.es and From: user at domain and
      To: otherdomain   yes

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received
this
email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately.
Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard
copy
by an authorized signatory.

       This message has been scanned for viruses and potentially harmful
                       content by StreamShield Protector.