How to add X-Spam-Status?

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at nkpanama.com
Tue Jul 26 22:45:18 IST 2005

Dhawal Doshy wrote:

> Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>
>> Dhawal Doshy wrote on         Sat, 23 Jul 2005 22:31:14 +0530:
>>

>>> 5. Use some distribution system at your facility to use this as the
>>> starter training data for all thunderbird users.
>>

>> Wouldn't it be easier to just distribute the changes users have to do
>> now manually? (Add some rule filing certain headers to folder spam.)
>>
>> Kai
>>

> Am certain that i am absolutely unsure.. what i suggested was a result
> of some googling around the thunderbird forums. I haven't tried this
> at home and neither would i want to. I was just trying to spam someone
> with unsolicited advice.
>
> Alex: did you try this? can you post your feedback?
>
> - dhawal

You can add any header you like, and use rules for it. I would like to
have a "magic header" that would tell my MUA that the message is likely
to be spam so that, without any effort on the end-user's part, it would
be moved to the junk mail folder. Unfortunately there seems to be no
such magic header.

It does, however, work well if you set a rule at the MUA - and you can
avoid the {Spam?} subject mangling which looks weird (or bad) to some users.

An example rule for TBird at http://nkpanama.com/x-spam-status.gif is
what I've had to set up.