Is a check on a valid SMIME signature possible within MS

Norbert Schmidt norbert.schmidt at IS-TELEDATA.COM
Tue Jul 26 13:57:16 IST 2005

Hi,

I am using postfix as MTA, as far as I know, a milter is a sendmail
technology. I couldn't find a tool that does something similar with
postfix. As MS does check on encryption, I thought it should be possible
to check on smime signatures too, because it's all sort of open-ssl
stuff.
Maybe it would be possible to attach this functionality through the
custom stuff...

Any ideas??

Norbert

MailScanner mailing list <MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> wrote on 26.07.2005
11:10:11:

Norbert Schmidt wrote:
> As our company is using S/MIME Signatures to verify the identity of
> senders that are allowed to send mail to certain mailinglists, I wonder
> wether it was possible to integrate these checks into MailScanner.
>
> Does anybody know about an extension, that could be helpfull??

    [ Part 2, "S/MIME Cryptographic Signature"  ]
    [ Application/X-PKCS7-SIGNATURE  5.6KB. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]