postfix problem

Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Mon Jul 25 14:20:26 IST 2005

I found the answer to that one yesterday too.  For some reason, when I
install razor, it doesn't create the /etc/razor directory (which is where
razor looks for its files by default).  I moved everything from /root/.razor
to /etc/razor and modified the razor-agent.conf for logging and the problem
went away.

Thanks!

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Drew Marshall
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2005 3:18 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: postfix problem

On Sun, July 24, 2005 20:12, Mike Kercher wrote:
> I answered one of my own questions:
>
> -rw-------   1 root    root       64 Jul 24 12:52 MS.bayes.rebuild.lock
>
> already existed from (I assume) earlier when I was still running
> sendmail on this box.  I deleted that lock file and the error went
> away.  I'll keep plugging on the razor-agent.log file

Mike

You need to tell razor where to log, other wise it logs to the home
directory of user it is running as (The Postfix queue directory). There have
been several posts to the list about this so it would be worth searching the
list to fix it as it has been known to cause Postfix to stall.

Drew

--
In line with our policy, this message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and the
archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).