MailScanner on RHEL 3.2 AMD64

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at fsl.com
Thu Jul 21 20:42:52 IST 2005

I just downgraded a Red Hat 3.0 x86_64 system because of perl problems after
attempting to update to razor 2.75. I trying to troubleshoot the problem I
came across references to others who had had similar problems with
x86_64-linux perl. All I found was problems noted. No solutions that worked.

I also noticed that the system was not substantially faster that an
identical system that was running i686.

I don't know if the RH or CentOS x86_64-linux is more stable of faster but I
can't recommend the 3.0 x86_64 OS.

Steve

Stephen Swaney
Fort Systems Ltd.