Wiki exim request

Christian Schmidt christian.schmidt at CHEMIE.UNI-HAMBURG.DE
Wed Jul 20 23:18:28 IST 2005

Hello Ugo,

Ugo Bellavance, 20.07.2005 (d.m.y):

> Christian Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > Ugo Bellavance, 20.07.2005 (d.m.y):
> >
> >>I can't easily find where to configure it to send scanned messages
> >>directly to the other mail server (e.g. Exchange).
> >
> > Just add a corresponding router (manualroute) to the exim
> > configuration that is responsible for outgoing mails (= mails that
> > have been scanned by MailScanner).
>
> I don't know exim at all.  I can't write that in the wiki this way :(.
> Could you write to the list the complete procedure with an example
> snippet,

This snippet has to be placed in the ROUTERS section of the
configuration file that configures the "delivering" instance of exim,
i.e. the instance that MailScanner "passes" the mails to after
scanning for viri and spam.

# Router for eMails to some.special.domain:
special_router:
  driver = manualroute
  domains = some.special.domain
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "* some.special.host"

This tells exim that mail to addresses with the domain part
"some.special.domain" shall be delivered via a "manualroute" to the
host "some.special.host".
This router must be placed first in the ROUTERS section. The above
example is a very minimalistic one, but it works for me...

More information can be found in the docs on <http://www.exim.org>.
There are examples, too...

Regards,
Christian Schmidt

--
Jede Aussage, die Sie hier lesen, kann gegen Sie verwendet werden!