Mailscanner stopped scanning after Debian upgrade

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Wed Jul 20 14:35:13 IST 2005

Julian Field wrote:
> It has probably re-enabled the sendmail service.
> Do these 4 commands (you might have to use some other command in place
> of "service" on Debian, I'm not a Debian user):
>
> chkconfig sendmail off
> chkconfig MailScanner on
> service sendmail stop
> service MailScanner start

chkconfig and service don't exist on debian ;).

And I think that the .deb sets up MailScanner to not start the MTA and
changes the MTA startup script.  On my Sarge/postfix server, I must
start MailScanner and Postfix individually.

Ugo