quarantine fragmented messages larger than

Ken A ka at PACIFIC.NET
Sat Jul 16 19:12:35 IST 2005

Hi all,

In these days of ever growing email message sizes, would it make sense
to be able to specify a filesize for the fragmented message rules?
Seems that some corp folks recommend using this feature to send large
files. Even pc magazine suggests using it:
http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,110649,00.asp
:-(

I'd like to be able to block fragmented messages from poorly configured
clients, or potential malware, but allow larger fragmented messages.

The assumption is that most virus payloads are not > 1mb. What inspired
microsoft to make the default value for 'break messages apart larger
than' 60k in OE?

I guess the problem remains how to allow the last, smaller part of a
message through, if it's other parts were accepted.... hmmm.

Thanks for your thoughts on this,

Ken Anderson
Pacific.Net