howto stop 1 users outgong mail from being scanned & headers suggestion...

Richard Smith xplora at MEDIADESIGN.SCHOOL.NZ
Fri Jul 15 10:27:52 IST 2005

>>> 1. Add "-ODaemonPortOptions=Port=25025,Addr=127.0.0.1,Name=MTA-2"
>>> to the
>>> sendmail program called by /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail or

Knowing how MailScanner works, I'm wondering if this could be added
as an option in /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner for the "StartOutSendmail"
queue running sendmail process, since that would reduce the actual
number of sendmail processes running (as opposed to this threads
suggestion of starting yet another sendmail process), with perhaps
some commented out suggestions of various secure (ie SMTPs) options.
(Another side benefit is only the 1 process would handle the message.)

- Richard

--
http://www.mediadesign.school.nz/

CAUTION: This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged.
If you have received it in error you must not use, disclose, copy or retain
it. Please immediately notify us by return email and then delete the email.

MailScanner with McAfee UVScan, and is believed to be clean.