uninstall question

Meryll Larkin mll at SEA.ALASKAMARITIME.COM
Fri Jul 15 00:45:12 IST 2005

7/14/05

Thanks for your concern, both Kai and Scott,

Nope, sorry.  I'll lose my job if I "upgrade".  Not my call.  The server is not a Web server but it is a functional mail relay server and file server and may not be taken down during the "busy season".  That would be November to November (no kidding).  We're behind a strong firewall.  (help, get me out of here).  Anyway, with the help I've received I should be able to address it now and I'll write again if I come up with any more snags.  Thanks.

Scott says:
I will say that having a Redhat 7.2 server on the internet WILL be a
large security risk unless you have been manually adding security errata
 as they have become available.

Kai says:
Hm, Red Hat 7.2 is quite old, isn't it? If it's the Perl version of it you
are having problems with you would need to go to quite old MS versions as
well. You should think about upgrading.

Meryll Larkin