BIND vs ncsd

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at BLACKNIGHT.IE
Fri Jul 15 00:01:37 IST 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 08:55 +1000, Peter Russell wrote:
> Thanks will look at that now. But not just rbls, but i guess every email
> is subjected to a number of DNS tests, eg PTR lookups?
> Thanks

Turn on logging on a DNS server and watch the logs for a few minutes :)
- just don't forget to turn it off!

In our experience the DNSBL caching can help speed up mail scanning
which was our primary concern. We get a lot of DNS traffic anyway, so I
wouldn't worry about that.