I am looking for the ham and spam files

Scott Silva ssilva at SGVWATER.COM
Thu Jul 14 23:40:48 IST 2005

Billy A. Pumphrey spake the following on 7/14/2005 2:36 PM:
>>Subject: Re: I am looking for the ham and spam files
>>
>>You can use the Bayes starter db from fsl http://www.fsl.com/support/.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Raylund
>>
>>Billy A. Pumphrey wrote:
>>

>>>I searched the archives and could not find them.  Doesn't someone
>
> have
>
>>>files with ham and spam in them to train bayes?
>>>
>>>Thank you
>>>

> Well I was expecting something that made a little more sense to me, so
> that I could run the
>
> sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam spam-file
>
> Then you get a mailbox full of messages you're sure are ham and teach
> Bayes about those:
>
> sa-learn --showdots --mbox --ham ham-file
>

> Commands from http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesInSpamAssassin
>
> Which one is spam and which one is ham?  Bayes_seen or bayes_toks?
>
> So it would be:
> Sa-learn --showdots --mbox --spam bayes_toks(or)bayes_seen	?

You just stop MailScanner, place those files in your bayes directory,
fix the permissions, and restart MailScanner.
They are a pre-trained bayes database, ready for your system to start
adjusting by your traffic.

--

| MailScanner; The best |___________ \N1____====== )-+
| protection on the net!|                   ~~~|/~~  |