OT Configuring DCC and Razor

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM
Thu Jul 14 21:17:00 IST 2005

> Subject: Re: OT Configuring DCC and Razor

> >>Have you checked the permissions on /var/dcc and /var/dcc/map?
> >>

> > Yes.  However but it looks like the map file is suppose to be
private:
> > -rw--------
> > > Looks normal.  The map file that is being used is /root/dir/map.
> >
> > If I do a cdcc 'homedir' I get
> > Homdir=/root/dir
> >
> > So when I run these commands logged in as root it is using those
files.
> > On the spamassassin lint test through mailwatch it has:
> > debug: DCC: got response: /var/dcc/map is not private
> >
> > So mailwatch is looking for the one in /var/dcc/map, which I change
the
> > permissions of this file to 777, and it doesn't like it.  However,
still
> > a problem because I cannot get cdcc or DCC to make a new map file in
> > /var/dcc/map.
> >

> > So basically I think that I need to:
> > Get DCC to make its homepath /var/dcc/
> > Make the map file used to be /var/dcc/map
> > Then mailwatch and dcc will be using the right ones.
> >

> I have those in my /etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf

I have dcc_path /usr/local/bin/dccproc in my
/etc/MailScanner/spam.assassin.prefs.conf file.

Do you have more than this?  That is the only setting that I have
available besides "# use_dcc"

> > Questions outside of this.
> > What is the user that mailwatch runs under?
>
> Your web server's user.  apache in my case.  nobody for the stock
source
> apache install
>
> > Or the lint test
> > Should there be a goal to have everything run under the same user
and
> > use the same files in the same directory, or to be synced?
> >

> I don't understand what you mean here.
>
> --
> Ugo

Probably a question that is going against the design of services:
Example
Mailwatch does a spamassassin lint check under the apache user
(correct?).  Which means that it gives different results or errors that
if it is ran with the "correct" user, such as root.  This could be
misleading because I might think that my spamassassin has problems and
it really doesn't.

So the question is, should the best practice be to have everything that
is installed to do with MailScanner use the same user?

DCC - here the problem being:
Mailwatch was using map file = /var/dcc/map
DCC or cdcc was using map file = /root/dir/map
This made the mailwatch spamassassin lint test return errors because
there was no map file in /var/dcc/.

To fix this I just copied the map file(s) from /root/dir/ to /var/dcc/

Mailscanner - under root I am guessing?  My newb skills would have to
research how to find this out.

Mailwatch (guess that would be httpd, apache)

Pyzor (if that has a home directory to do with a user)

Things like that.